Product Developer APPLY NOW
As a Product Developer you will be responsible for building the assortment in partnership with buyers that achieve aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against 12th tribe standards while also monitoring key performance indicators. We are looking for an individual who is up to date with current trends and has strong forecasting skills. The attention to detail, prints and fabrics will be unmatched. This role will expand current bodies and develop new bodies with our manufacturers from conception to finalization working closely with a fit model, buyer, and planner to create a final order. This individual must be ready to hop into a fast growing start up environment and ready to join a team leading the industry.
- Manage and develop 12th Tribe categories with fabric, design, trim and textile background.
- Work collaboratively with buyers to build out assortments based on trends and market.
- Drive development strategies that align the business goals and the needs of each category, as well as utilize advanced negotiating skills to help achieve our financial goals
- Build out cost models and track where product stands at every step in the PD process, as well as production cycle.
- Manage overall product timeline & samples
- Work collaboratively with buyers and marketing to ensure product assortments are launched adhering to 12th Tribe quality standards
- Develop and manage a supplier matrix and country of production strategy that achieve vendor balance, optimal performance, and delivers on cost & quality
- Identify and communicate risks that may affect the timeline and lead efforts to mitigate risks
- Communicate final TOP notes to merchandiser to update website details
- Resolve potential manufacturing or costing issues prior to style development
- Drives in season color, quality and sample approvals with buyers
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional team members
- Understand a fast fashion nature in a socially native environment heavily impacted by the online space.
- Build and maintain knowledge of trends & competitors
- Ensure fabric & silhouette pairings are appropriate to current trends. research trends, present findings to the team and incorporate them in strategy.
- Manage product development process from concept to launch: source material, engage with buyers on trend/ strategy, work with vendors to drive product process, mange fit process, timely correspondence with domestic/ international vendors
- Please orders with manufacturers, negotiate costs and finalize PO's.
- 4 year degree in Fashion Merchandising, Product Development or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of sourcing, PD or merchandising experience
- Fabric construction - mill timelines, fabric properties
- Garment production - production cycle timeline, garment construction and garment costing.
- Retail math: AUC, AUR and IMU
- Strong product curiosity
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work both collaboratively & independently
- Demonstrate leadership skills including strategic thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work effectively with varying groups of people (domestic and international) to achieve business results
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- Strong knowledge of lead times and fabrications
- Ability to prioritize among competing deliverables
- Collaborate with and influence internal team members and leadership
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Effectively resolve issues with buyers in the development process with diplomatic & appropriate communication.
|||Los Angeles (On-Site)|||||||||PoAu1jO2ShT9e-ex|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false