Product Development Assistant APPLY NOW
As an Assistant to the Product Developer you will be responsible for assisting in building the assortment in partnership with buyers that achieve aesthetic, quality and cost requirements against 12th tribe standards while also monitoring key performance indicators. We are looking for an individual who is up to date with current trends and has strong forecasting skills. The attention to detail, prints and fabrics will be unmatched. This role will ensure the lead developer is supported in the best way possible! This individual must be ready to hop into a fast growing start up environment wearing multiple hats and ready to join a team leading the industry.
- Assist developing 12th Tribe categories with fabric, design, trim and textile background.
- Work collaboratively with buyers to build out assortments based on trends and market.
- Request samples and track proto stages.
- Assist Product Developer to ensure all deadlines are met with the warehouse
- Comp shopping to identify up and coming market trends
- Assist with building out cost models and track where product stands at every step in the PD process, as well as production cycle.
- Update working docs and excels regularly keeping a close attention to detail
- Work collaboratively with buyers and marketing to ensure product assortments are launched adhering to 12th Tribe quality standards
- Identify and communicate risks that may affect the timeline and lead efforts to mitigate risks
- Write Product Descriptions and take fit notes during fit meetings
- Check in samples from vendors, take photos of product and share in communication threads
- Assist buyer and product developers during fit meeting with fit models keeping racks organized and up to date
- Compile weekly tears of trending items based on company best sellers
- Assist in researching in season color, quality and sample approvals with buyers
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional team members
- Understand a fast fashion nature in a socially native environment heavily impacted by the online space.
- Please orders with manufacturers, negotiate costs and finalize PO's.
- 4 year degree in Fashion Merchandising, Product Development or equivalent experience is preferred
- 1-2 in Coordinating or Product Development
- Retail math: AUC, AUR and IMU
- Strong product curiosity and trend knowledge
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work both collaboratively & independently
- Demonstrate leadership skills including strategic thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work effectively with varying groups of people (domestic and international) to achieve business results
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment wearing multiple hats
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills
- Strong knowledge of lead times and fabrications
- Ability to prioritize among competing deliverables
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Effectively resolve issues with buyers in the development process with diplomatic & appropriate communication.
|||Los Angeles (On-Site)|||||||||MNcxG.ekrqvGXw3t|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false